Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What a weekend!

We had such a fun weekend! Saturday we got up and met my parents for breakfast at Old West Cafe in Denton..WE LOVE THAT PLACE! Then off to Bass Pro Shops we went! It wasn't the best weekend to go..the Safari Club was in town and since it was cold and rainy everyone and their mothers was there! Actually, they had some really cool booths set up. One booth had exotic animals..and they had a FULL body Alligator mount. It was huge! Tobin and Doug enjoyed walking around while Mom, Sarah and I watched a wood duck at the pond in the middle of the store. I was hungry.of course..so we went next door to my all time favorite restaurant..Big Bucks Brewery. It was SOOOO yummy! Then Sarah went home with her Mimi and Pappy..while Tobin and I went grocery shopping. (my new favorite hobby..I am a coupon freak now!!!)

Sunday, after church, we drove all the way across Texas (well actually to Plano, but when you live in little Krum, Texas anything outside of Denton is far) to my aunt and uncles house. My whole family was there, as well as LOTS of good food! We brisket, potato salad (my moms who makes the best in the WHOLE world), hot dogs, sausage, rolls, beans. Then there was dessert..let me tell you my family can bake!! My aunt brought a sopaphia (sp?) cheesecake, my cousin made apple dumplings (if you have never had these you are missing out..they are ridiculous..in a good way!!), homemade key lime pie, and a homemade lemon icebox cake. I have figured out with this pregnancy that sweets trigger nausea..however my lunch had already made me nauseated so I went ahead with dessert..cause no more harm could be done! IT WAS SO GOOD! It did prolong my nausea, but it was worth it! It was an awesome day! My cousin brought her new blessing Cade! He is 2 1/2 weeks old and he is such a pretty baby..Sorry Mandy but he is pretty :)..I got to hold him, and as I did I was so excited as I thought about the new arrival we will have in October. God is good..and if you do not believe in God hold a newborn child and there will be no doubt that a mighty and powerful God does exist!

Here is a picture of Sarah helping hold Cade..When Tobin told her there was a baby there she gleefully yelled "Is it mommy's baby?" She is beyond excited!!


This is my cousin DJ..somewhere they found this wig and he came out in the middle of everyone with it on! It was hilarious..the picture does not do justice as to how funny the real thing was. He is always making us laugh!

I ask that you continue to keep the Cogburn Family in your prayers. It has been a week and half since Bell passed and I'm sure as life tries to return to normal things began to become a little more difficult! Shannan (the father) returned to work yesterday and Tobin said you could tell he was just getting by. I also ask that you pray for Tobin as he tries to comfort Shannan during this difficult time! Tobin, Sarah and I are taking dinner to them tomorrow. I am going to try and set up a Care Calendar to help out with meals for this sweet family. I hope to talk to them about this tomorrow! I appreciate your prayer you have already given..

Well, thank you God for this awesome day. It smells so good outside..and the much needed rain helped things green up. Also, thank u God for Zyrtec!

Take Care! Love you all!




1 comment: