Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blast Ball and Bangs..

So last night was blast ball..what a beautiful night. Tobin and I kept saying the way home that we had not had that much fun in a long time. Our little doodle bug ran out on the field with no fear at all. She never looked back to see if we were coming..which in a way made me sad. ( I know she wasn't leaving for college..but for those of you who really know Sarah she is painfully shy at times and almost never jumps feet first into anything without holding our hands!). So there she was, our little girl, playing her first sport. She did really well..for about the first 15 minutes..then her, Molly, and Ainsley decided it would be more fun to draw in the dirt. The boys were focused on the task at hand..but the girls thought the field needed a makeover. But the assistant coaches (which Tobin silently volunteered for) steered them back in. She was great in the field..she was always running to get the ball when it was hit..in fact she out ran a boy one time..her daddy was so proud. When she got up to bat it was great..the bat is 10 times longer and heavier then her, but she made do. She hit the ball really hard and ran with all her might to first base..which honks when you step on it. Tobin and I are so proud of how well she did..she listened to Coach Micah and always did what she was asked. She was zapped when she got home..we had a bath and off to bed she went. She just keeps saying how fun blast ball was!

Coach Micah giving her a pep talk!

She was running in the opposite direction of the batter!

Coach Micah giving them a first practice talk! Go Team Bruins!

We have practice again on Tuesday, so I will try and get better pictures!

Now the bangs part of my title...
I decided to "try" and grow out Sarah's bangs..cause it made her look so much older, and all the little girls in her class have grown theirs out. So for the past few months I have gritted my teeth as I look at her and all I can see is hair. But..with the encouragement of others I pushed through. And longer and longer they grew. It had gotten so bad she was constantly looking at the sky so she could see outside that mass of hair! Then..last night on the way home from blast ball..while she was all hot and sticky..she exclaimed "I want to cut my hair..I don't like it..I can't see". I screamed on the inside..I didn't give up first, after all I have to make my little girl comfortable so she can play at her fullest potential. (ok that was a bit much, but I really was glad it wasn't me who wanted to end the experiment early). So this morning, after breakfast, I pulled out my scissors and snipped away. And under all the hair I found those beautiful hazel eyes..that just make me smile when I see them. All she kept saying is "I can see"..oh little Sarah mommy is so sorry to have put you through the torture of bang growing! So what did I learn.you might say not to want what other people have, and maybe a part of me did learn just that! But I mainly learned bangs will be in style for her until she is old enough to do her own hair!! Here is the after pictures of her (the the pink stuff around her lips is lipstick..she found a play kit that she has had forever! Which not only was it on her lips..she stepped on it and smashed it into my WHITE rug! Any suggestions on getting that stuff out??)

Here are some better pictures that my parents took at blast ball!

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! I can not believe that she got out there and tore it up like that!! I am so proud of her! I am proud of you as well, for not crying! Atleast not on the outside!! HA! Sweeet SaraH :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete