Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This could be rather lengthy...

Hello! I have joined the blogging family. I swore I would never do this type of thing..just don't have the time. But as I became obsessed with other blogs (Thanks Liz!) I thought I would give it a whirl. So much to tell..so little space. Well as most of you know (or may not know) Tobin, Sarah and I are expecting a new member of the family on October 19, 2009. WHAT A BLESSING! That's another thing I swore would never happen..another child. But as Sarah got older I missed having a baby around. In fact..she very boldly argues with me that she is not a baby, but a big kid. Oh how the time has passed..she is almost 4! Anyways, back to the baby. We had our first sonogram yesterday of Peanut Mathis. And perhaps you are wondering why I didn't post picture..well let me explain. Mom and I decided to laminate the precious first picture; however heat and transfer paper don't play well together..in fact that don't play well at all. The heat from the laminator completely erased the sonogram pictures..now all we have it a long sheet of black paper. I called the technician and she said if she saved the pictures she will print me out more. Lets hope she did. So note to all..do not laminate your sonogram pictures with the heat laminate. Only use the sticky together laminate at the store. (I wont even charge you for that information)..hehehe!

Let's see what else..well Sarah starts blast ball practice tonight. What is blast ball..well is a faster paced version of tee ball. Her and her best friend Molly (or as we call her Little Miss Molly) are on the same team. So cute! It has not rained in months and they are now saying rain is moving in later today. Just the luck of the Mathis Crew..Anyways, I will post pictures of her practice tomorrow! Well if we have one..:)

I have also been sick the last few weeks. Not from the baby (well kinda..thanks to the nausea) but from illness. I had the flu a few weeks ago, and all I got was a pat on the back and was told to take Tylenol. Luckily mom came to the rescue and took off two days to keep Sarah! THANKS MOM! After the third day I finally felt like I was alive again. The flu stinks..and I hope to never have it visit me again! THEN..last week I came down with a cold which then turned into bronchitis..which as of today I still have. Please pray for my health, as well as the baby's. I have awesome doctors who are watching me closely and only prescribing what is necessary!

(Told you this would be long)

Lastly, I want to ask for your prayers for a sweet little family that lost a child this weekend. Tobin's co-worker Shanan received a call last Tuesday, at work, that his 3 year old daughter, Bell, was having an asthmatic arrest and her heart had stop beating 4 times while in the ER. They then care flighted her to Cook's Children in Ft. Worth were she slipped into a coma. This sweet angel went home to Jesus Friday night at 9:45 pm. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray for this family. They also have a 6 year old who I'm sure is so confused right now. I can not even wrap my brain around the thought of losing a child..it has just made me hug Sarah a little tighter and give that extra 10 kisses every night!

So, that should have updated you on the Mathis Crew. I will try and post daily (as time and Sarah allows). Take Care!

Much Love and Blessings!
The Mathis 3 (soon to be 4)


Also..I wanted to give much love and thanks to Liz for helping me putting this awesome blog together! Actually..she designed the whole thing..i just put in the post! THANKS LIZ!!!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! Can't wait for our weekly get togethers now!!! Love you mostest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the smartest daughter in the world! Is this cool or what! Although we may not be smart together when it comes to laminating! Peanut was really cute, I hope they saved it so you can see. I am a very blessed Mom and Mimi.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! So sorry to hear about your sonogram pics...i bet they are saved! Welcome to the blogging world...I will warn you: it just gets more and more addictive!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Mathis Family!! Congratulations on the little peanut!! I'm so happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete