Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Womens Retreat 2009 & Jazz Festival

And off we went! Friday afternoon Liz, my mom, and I headed off to Ft. Worth for the 2009 First Baptist Denton Women's Retreat. It was my first time to attend one, and I promise I will be back! I sat there in amazement at what God had prepared for us! Our guest speaker had a way of making you laugh, but also convicting you in the same sentence. Which I need..I find myself thinking I am walking the right path, but this weekend I was proven WAY wrong. If I am not spending time with the Lord and in his word how am I to know his will? If Im not listening then he cant be telling me his will or "Where the Party is!" Liz and I also had the chance to attend Christy Butlers breakout session on Raising Spiritual Children! Wow! That was an experience..everything I have struggled with about raising Sarah to be Godly was answered in that session. So, I started that night...no more excuses! Christy gave a a calendar with 31 days on it and something to pray for your child each day as well as a scripture. And I have done this every night so far! Funny story..The first night was to pray for patience (well if you know Sarah she has absolutely no patience). The scripture was Galatians 5:22..which list the Fruits of the Spirit (which one of the fruits is patience). Well as I was looking at Chapter 4 the story was about Hagar and Sarah..God has a funny sense of humor! I laughed out loud and read it to Tobin! We also got to meet Alberta's awesome daughter in law Terra! Terra..we cant wait for you guys to be back in Denton!!!! Next year, if you are able please try and attend a Women's Retreat! Its a real Godly experience..and I thank the Lord I was able to experience it with my best friend, my mom, my loving Sunday School teacher, and a new friend! Ladies..hope you don't stink this week..:)

When I got home from the retreat I had 45 minutes to get ready and off we went. Tobin and I took Sarah to the Jazz Festival. All I can say..to many people! Sarah had a blast and it was fun seeing her enjoy some time with just Tobin and I. Time with her is more precious then anything else on this planet. I was zapped by that night, and I was in bed as quick as my pregnant legs would take me.

I hope you all have a good week..and hope you smell the aroma of the Lord. It really smells pretty sweet!

The view from the Hotel Entrance!

Liz and My room. We were going to take a before and after, but forgot. But trust us we did a number on the room!

My child that has no fear!

Sweet Girl..love her

She had a flower painted on her face..it was so cute!

3 comments:

  1. WOW, the before picture was even more clean than i remembered...I think we trashed it 5min after that photo was taken :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was truely a SWEET time together. Terra and I enjoyed being with you so much. And, I enjoyed having some girl time with your Mom. She is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had an AMAZING time with y'all too! I cannot wait until we get to Denton!!! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete