Thursday, April 23, 2009

Some first!!

So, today I had a haircut appointment and took Sarah with me. This is the first time I have ever taken her to the hair salon by myself...but I was prepared. I brought some toys, colors, and a portable DVD player. She has been begging Tobin for a week to get her hair cut short..like Mommy's..but he has faithfully said no. Which is fine, because he loves long hair and I continue to make mine shorter and shorter..:) On the way to the salon she told me she wanted to get her hair cut after mine..I told her we could only cut a little so Daddy wouldn't strangle us both. She was OK with that. Now..why is this a "first"..well any other time I have taken her to get her hair or bangs cut she has cried, wanted to sit in my lap, and REFUSED to wear the cape. I told her she would have to sit on the chair (by herself), wear the cape, and sit still like a big girl and she was all for it! So while I was getting my haircut she played quietly in the waiting area, and when I told her it was her turn she eagerly ran over to me. Well, I didn't know that the stylist wanted to shampoo Sarah's hair, which I started to get anxious about, because with Sarah you have to prepare her for EVERYTHING or she could have a meltdown. But, she walked right over like a big girl and sat there while she shampooed her hair. I seriously got teary eyed! Why? Well as most of you know Sarah has been painfully shy for most of her life, but in the last few months she has grown up and really came out of her shell... She started to cry a little while she washed her hair..only because leaning back on that sink was hurting her neck..and I agree! It does the same for me! Next came the haircut, and she sat in that chair, put that cape on, and giggled the whole time she cut her hair! AND she even let the stylist blow dry her..So this is our little Sarah's "First Big Girl Haircut!" Love it!

Oh, and a funny (I guess) story to add..while I was waiting for my stylist the Esthestcian (sp?) came up to me and introduced herself and this is what how the introduction went "Hi, my name is Lisa and I wanted to introduce myself. Right now I have a special going on for (cant remember what is was called) that we can run over your tummy to help smooth it down and help flatten it out". And my response was.."Well, I'm pregnant!" Her response "Well, I guess you don't need that then..hahaha!" Ok lets analyze this..had I not been pregnant I assure you I would have left there in tears, and never gone back. However, who says that to a women in the first place? So.. to flatten your stomach..geez!

Before the Tears..but Loving the water!

Look at that Smile!


She laughed that she could see herself in the mirror!

I told her she had donkey ears!

Oh, and she let the lady use a roll brush!

I know that Martha at Rizzos in Denton doesn't read my blog, but I want to thank her immensely for being so patient and sweet with Sarah. In fact, thanks to the Rizzo girls in general..they all just let Sarah do her thing while I was getting my haircut. If anyone needs a stylist..I highly recommend Martha! Also, thanks mom for our haircuts..we love them!


On to the next first..Mimi and Pappy bought Sarah her first pool of the season. Here she is loving every minute of it!

2 comments: